Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Funny Fifth Graders :-)


Happy Thanksgiving recovery week!

     It's so exciting to be in the Christmas season here in Vienna!  The city is lit up, the Christmas markets are open, and the magic in the air is palpable.  This also, of course, means that the students become sillier and sillier!  In the interim while I prepare a more thoughtful (ha) blog update I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite papers...

First...a glimpse into elementary school chapel.  The video link below was used as part of an ongoing mystery about Mr. Chopstick's (a finger puppet chef) search for peace.  I haven't laughed so hard while taking pictures before in a LONG time.  The kids are big fans.  



The two papers below are spelling/vocabulary word stories written by two of my fifth grade boys.  They are so absurd and yet strangely well done I had to post them for you so that we could chuckle together ;-)

Once upon a time there was a magnificent fat guy.  His essence of life was to eat.  He had animosity against his neighbor Bob.  They lived in a commonwealth of Tunisia.  They had controversies over Balderdash stuff.  Once they were fighting about the Cherry Coke flavor when suddenly Big Foot stomped next to them.  He told them to stop fighting about superfluous stuff.  And told them how unauthorized you are to talk about this, and the essence of life is to help each other and love one another!  This should be an ubiquitous state.  And with that he ran back to the woods.  And the fat guy and Bob were stimulated and became friends and watched Skyfall together.


Once upon a time, there was a guy named I Don’t Know.  He had to do a strenuous task:  telling a lawyer his name.  He was commendable because he won a baseball game.  So he went to the lawyer’s magnificent office.  He said, “What’s your name?”.  The guy replied, “I Don’t Know.”  “Okay.  Let me try again”, said the Lawyer.  “Don’t speak balderdash.  Really, what’s your name?”  The guy shouted, “I don’t know!”  “That is a superfluous statement!”  Now there was a controversy between the two guys.  “I swear, if I don’t get your name, I’ll be ubiquitous and ask your name everywhere you go!”  The lawyer now had animosity towards the guy.  “I told you one hundred times!!”  The guy was now going to show his true essence.  (He is a really bad guy when he gets mad)  “That’s it!  I’m going to get you in a conveyance and I’m going to blow you up!”  The lawyer exploded.  But before he can say another word the guy killed him.  Because he was the Hulk.    

I'll write a more detailed update later but for now I hope you had a little chuckle!

Love,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment